Manuscript collections created by individuals, organizations, or groups whose content and creative work supports Columbia College Chicago curriculum and in consultation with the College Archives Advisory Group.
Special Collections Book Room:
Located on the 4th floor of the Library, the Special Collections Book Room houses...
- ABC/123 Collection: showcases creative interpretations of alphabet letters and numbers by graphic artists, typographers, photographers, paper engineers, & book designers.
- Typography Designers Collection: documents the work of individual typographers through their work on an array of typefaces and fonts.
- Book as Art Collection: contains a variety of publication formats that stretch the limits of what a book can be such as artists’ books, pop-up and movable books, and flip books.
- Photography Collection: consists of limited editions andphotographic artists’ books; also, holds the Photography Foundations class study collection.
- The Graphic Art Collection: emphasizes these subject strengths:
- Publication Design: illustrates time-tested design principles and recent design trends.
- Music Graphics: highlights materials for researching aspects of visual identity.
- The Serials Collection: introduces a range of historical and contemporary titles mirroring the strengths of collections areas above, including: Émigré, Upper & Lower Case, V magazine, V Men magazine, Parkett, NEST, Exposure, Pinhole, Aperture.
Faculty/Staff Book Collection:
A collection of published works authored or edited by individuals employed at Columbia College Chicago at the time of publication. Click here to view the collection.