The University Center, an 18-story building, was built between 2002 and 2004 in collaboration with DePaul and Roosevelt Universities and Robert Morris College, houses more than 1,700 students and is one of the largest multi-school residence halls in the country. In addition to street level retail establishments, the center provides student residents with a food court, a rooftop garden, and a workout facility. In 2017, the non-profit group set up by the three colleges, Columbia College Chicago, DePaul Univerity, and Roosevelt University, sold the building to a management firm that specializes in student housing. The three schools lease rooms for its students under this arrangement and Robert Morris University also leases rooms in the building.
- Name: The University Center
- Address: 525 South State Street
- Size: 700,000 square feet
- Architect: Antunovich Associates
- Original Name: The Superdorm
- Acquired by College: 2004
- Original Building Type: New construction