Library and Tutoring Center Remote Access
The Columbia College library is physically closed as of March 17, but it still offers many virtual services and resources for students and faculty, and library staff members are available to address any research or access needs. If you need something, please ask! Assistance is available via chat (from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday) and e-mail links (response usually within one business day) on the website. In addition:
- The library home page main search box lists all of the library’s e-books and streaming media. (You can limit your search results by clicking on the “Electronic” in the ‘Format’ facet on the left side of search results.
- Articles from our 138 databases are accessible via searches from the library home page main search box.
- The library provides video tutorials for finding books and scholarly articles, and streaming video at https://libguides.colum.edu/databasetutorials/generalresearch
- Dozens of research guides can help faculty and students find the most useful databases and research tools in their disciplines.
- We can provide scans of portions of selected reserve textbooks on a case-by-case basis. Please request via chat or email.
- For information on College Archives and Special Collections, please visit the home page at https://library.colum.edu/archives/
The Library has provided the following pages to assist while the library building is closed and faculty and students are transitioning to online teaching and learning:
Academic Center for Tutoring
There will be no tutoring services during the week of March 16th.
Online tutoring services are available during the week of March 23rd.
There will be no tutoring services during spring break, the week of March 30th.
Online tutoring services will resume April 6th.
Monday – Friday, 10am – 3pm.
- To make an appointment, students should email firstname.lastname@example.org
- State name, Oasis number, and reason for appointment.
- Student will be assigned to a tutor. Tutor will make contact with student to arrange a time and method to facilitate the remote tutoring session within stated operating hours.