These questions were developed by the Evaluation Committee of the College Council during the 2010-11 academic year and were approved by the College Council on May 6, 2011.
Student Motivation & Interest:
1. I attended and participated in this course regularly.
2. I did the necessary work to prepare for class.
3. Assignments and learning materials (such as homework, textbooks, etc.) contributed to my learning.
4. The total amount of material covered in this course matched my expectations.
5. My work was evaluated using clearly stated criteria.
6. I received useful feedback.
7. I was treated with respect and courtesy.
8. The instructor was willing and able to provide help when asked.
Student Learning & Development:
9. The course stimulated my intellectual or artistic curiosity.
10. I took away useful tools, concepts or insights from this course.
11. Please provide evidence/examples supporting your ratings. (This was modified for clarification after we received feedback from students that they did not understand the original wording, "Please provide evidence for your ratings.”)
12. Is there any further constructive feedback you would like to share?
Optional Course-specific Questions:
Faculty can choose up to 3 additional questions per course to add to the evaluation. For team-taught courses, co-teachers may select 3 questions total. Faculty teaching more than one course may select different questions for each course. Questions can only be added before the evaluation opens (see dates below).