The plan will guide Columbia’s activities for five years, focusing on six goals identified in President Kwang-Wu Kim’s Redefining Our Greatness: A Vision for Columbia College’s Future White Paper.
The six strategic goals are as follows:
- We will become a truly student-centric institution whose core purpose is to serve our students, fostering their personal and creative growth, supporting their academic achievement, and preparing them for lifetimes of accomplishment and meaningful contribution. Our primary student success outcomes will be graduation and employment.
- We will ensure that our curricula have clear and relevant learning outcomes and are structured so as to best connect our students with current and emerging realities and effectively prepare our students to succeed as creators and creative agents in the twenty-first century.
- We will be known as a national leader in higher education for our systemic and comprehensive commitment to diversity and inclusion as a fundamental basis for accomplishing our mission.
- We will be known as an animating force in our communities, our city and in the larger world beyond.
- We will engage in sophisticated enrollment management practices to achieve the optimal student body – a student body whose composition reflects our mission-based commitment to diversity; whose members are uniquely suited to take fullest advantage of the distinctive offerings of our institution and who will succeed at Columbia College Chicago.
- We will responsibly allocate our resources to best support institutional priorities and goals and we will build the wealth of new resources – human, financial, capital, and technological – necessary to fulfilling our mission and our promise as an institution.