College Archives & Special Collections houses many collections in paper and digital formats. The bulk of its holdings is not available online, although materials are accessible through a scheduled research visit.
- Documents the history of the college and the activities of its units and departments through a range of collected materials including meeting minutes, annual reports, publicity, correspondence, audiovisual materials, blue prints, and administrative records.
- Publication Collection: consists of rare published materials from historical roots to current works in six areas: book as art, typography, graphic art, ABC/123, photography, and serials.
- Manuscript Collection: contains materials created by individuals or organizations, encompassing a wide array of subject areas that reflect the disciplines taught at the institution.
- Faculty & Staff Publications: works published by Columbia College Chicago faculty and staff during their employment at the college
Thesis & Capstone Collection:
- Original work created by Columbia College Chicago students in fulfillment of a Master or Bachelor degree