The 1312 South Michigan Avenue building is home to the Sherwood Community Music School that merged with Columbia College Chicago in 2007. William Hall Sherwood founded the Sherwood Music School in 1895 and the school once resided in what is now the Columbia College Chicago Music building at 1014 South Michigan Avenue; Sherwood renovated that space in 1941.
The 1312 South Michigan Avenue building houses the Sherwood Community Music School and offers classroom and practice space for the Columbia College Chicago Music Department.
- Name: Sherwood Community Music School
- Address: 1312 South Michigan Avenue
- Size: 20,000 square feet
- Acquired by College: 2007