Columbia College Chicago purchased the 916 and 1000 South Wabash Avenue buildings from the Chicago Housing Authority in 2007. The building sites had once been home to a garage and then a company that produced automobile springs and motor truck bodies. In the 1950s, the American Wholesale Furniture Company called this address home. All these businesses had been near Old St. Mary’s Church (911 South Wabash Avenue), which was razed in 1970. When the College purchased the two buildings in 2007 they were renovated and became one unit and opened in 2009.
- Name: 916 Wabash Building
- Address: 916 and 1000 South Wabash Avenue
- Size: 68,000 square feet
- Acquired by College: 2007