The Office of Institutional Effectiveness leverages institutional data to facilitate data-informed decisions advancing Columbia College Chicago’s mission, values, and effectiveness.
This mission is accomplished through three main strategies:
Foster a Culture of Data Use
- Advance a college-wide culture of data-informed decision-making
- Foster a culture of knowledge management through the facilitation of data access and purposeful data dialogue and use
- Build capacity through education, trainings, and professional development to increase the college data literacy and data-informed decision-making actions
Institutional Research & Reporting
- Serve as the official source of institutional data for internal and external reporting (IPEDS, Illinois Board of Higher Education, Common Data Set, Rankings)
- Responsible for the collection, interpretation, and dissemination of data and insights that supports information-based decision making for college planning and continuous improvement
- Advance the college’s strategic goals through evaluation of policies, practices, and initiatives, and measuring progress against these goals.
- Conduct and coordinate survey research and manage college survey calendar to assist in assessment of experience and educational effectiveness
- Co-lead data governance to develop a college data management and access strategy
- Identify and meet college information needs
- Ensure that the university has uniform statistical information for official reporting and analysis
- Partner with Information Technology to support effective use of the student information system and data dashboards